The city


I come from my hometown

One month ago

Walking and hugging the journey

Of so called life and death 

Just one slip could 

Make me forever sleep


Speechless,

Tough;

Breathing in and out

And few roads I travelled 

I barely remember if I took a breath


I walked two days

But it feels like I walked half of my lifetime

To get to the city

From my hometown 

Where vehicles is out of reach

And noise pollution isn't as free as it is in the city 

One can barely hear the sound of horns

And peaceful it is to rest there and eat popcorn


When I reached the city

I felt everything messed up

Because the environment isn't peaceful and silent

Neither was the air clean and pleasant 

I could scarcely breath

Neither travel 15 minutes of a journey

Nor bear the dusty wind


I thought I wouldn't be able to survive the overpopulated City

Where vehicles reserved the road

And one could barely take a walk.

My heart shivered 

Because it was long ago

The last time I crossed a road

But today, my heart beats faster while crossing this populated and polluted road


I see no trees 

I hear no rivers singing

Alas !

I see only the vehicles 

I hear only the sound of horns

And the city I live in now

Is much more different from where I came from.


Wearing mask is suffocating

Because in the Himalayan

The nature never fails to amaze us

By giving us good air

Less or more

I have this to share

To my fellows and homes

I am doing good

How are you all?


Comments

Popular Posts