I WANT TO QUIT POETRY, AM NOT GOOD ENOUGH

 At times, I feel like my words aren’t damn good,

For I call it poetry and sometimes I don’t

Talking to the self me and reading back, turning pages,

I just find words not poems

Just words, I am trying to express in a paper; a diary

It’s all just words not poetry

I just don’t find words to write

When I am all in a sudden told to

Let me say it again;

I want to quit now, am not better enough to be so

And yet, I am not good enough to quit it too

Yah! For sure I want to quit this dream

The dream I have dreamt of a few years ago

And the dream I have now of becoming a poetess

For sure, I can’t be known as a poetess,

For, I want to quit this piece of art I call is poetry

At last!! I want to quit

But I can’t and sure I write words not poem ,

Am not good enough to write so;

So called this piece of art call poem

Thus, I won’t quit though

Comments

Popular Posts